I am no David Letterman, but I have listed the Top 10 Myths About Granite Countertops that I have heard over the years.
1. Granite Will Stain:
2. Granite Must Be Resealed Regularly:
3. Granite is Expensive:
4. Granite Will Lose Its Shine:
5. Heat Will Crack Granite:
6. Granite Is High Maintenance:
7. Granite Cannot Be Repaired:
8. Granite Contain Harmful Radon Gas: 9. Granite Harbors Bacteria: 10. Granite Will Fade: There are always going to be rumors and myths surrounding products, but I can say with the utmost confidence, that they ones listed above are not true. There are obviously exceptions if you misuse your granite countertops, but with normal kitchen applications, the above myths are simply not accurate.
If anyone is interested in hearing specific details disputing one or more of these myths, please don't hesitate to email me and can provide more information.